Prime Remodeling needs to fulfill open positions on our ever-growing team of skilled professionals. Since we are a general contractor company located in Houston, TX, we need to find skilled and highly experienced individuals to complete major projects.
Like most general contractors, Prime Remodeling offers services in many different areas for residential and commercial clients. We work in roofing, plumbing, room additions, bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, patios, landscaping, painting, insulation, electrical, and more. We need to fill positions within each of these areas so we can complete projects that satisfy and impress clients.
Are you ready to join us?
About the Position
The general carpenter’s primary goal is to provide general carpentry, construction, and remodeling services to various clients. While carrying out these services, it is up to the carpenter to maintain aesthetics and safety throughout the entire project.
The ideal candidate has large amounts of experience in carpentry or a related field and is knowledgeable of materials, safety standards, building codes, tools, planning, and more.
Tasks of the Job
- Develop and maintain client relationships throughout the process of the project
- Deliver excellent customer service when handling client feedback and questions
- Follow up with clients after the project is complete to ensure satisfaction
- Estimate the amount of time and materials for projects
- Collaborate with the client on design and aesthetics
- Perform carpentry tasks to complete the project in the allotted time
- Use power tools safely and correctly
- Identify safety hazards on project sites and make corrections as necessary
- Diagnose problems and provide solutions quickly
- Work closely with other trades to complete projects on time and in an appropriate manner
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of experience in general carpentry or related position
- Capable of communicating in English orally and written
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to frequent physical activity such as standing, climbing, or carrying
- Comfortable with heights at varying levels
- Understand blueprints, sketches, and building plans on different types of forms and documents
- Knowledge of power tools and materials
Beneficial Qualifications (Not Required)
- Speak Spanish
We encourage veterans to apply for this position. We support our troops and those who have served. Thank you!
Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected].